Clinton Crime Family LIES
Seven Clinton Crime Family LIES: She made sweeping promises about transparency at her family’s foundation before Mrs. W.J. Clinton was confirmed in 2009 as President Obama’s secretary of State. At the time, Clinton was under pressure from senators in both parties and even the White House to agree to be transparent given the potential for ethical concerns with the Clinton Foundation, which has accepted donations or entered into charitable partnerships with foreign and corporate interests.
During her confirmation hearing, the Clinton Crime Family Foundation was mentioned 62 times as senators worried that foreign governments could use donations to the foundation to curry favor with the Clinton State Department.
Clinton said at the hearing that “all contributors will be disclosed,” and pointed to a memorandum of understanding co-signed in December 2008 between the foundation and the transition team of then president-elect Barack Obama that pledged unprecedented transparency into her family’s sprawling organization.
Some of Clinton Crime Family LIES and transparency promises ended up not being kept.
The failures were sometimes complicated – in one example a foreign country’s laws hampered the foundation’s ability to reveal names of donors. Nonetheless, these controversies are now returning to haunt Clinton as November’s election draws near.
Here are seven ways in which the foundation fell short on its transparency pledges.
1. The Clinton Health Access Initiative didn’t disclose its donors annually.
2. The Clinton Health Access Initiative didn’t submit foreign government donations to State Department ethics officials for review.
3. The Clinton Foundation didn’t disclose a new $500,000 donation in 2010 from the Algerian government
4. The Clinton Foundation didn’t disclose $2.35 million of donations from a family foundation linked to a company with business before Clinton’s State Department.
5. The Clinton Foundation was late in disclosing millions of dollars in speaking fees.
6. The Clinton Foundation hasn’t revealed all of the sources of money transferred from a Canadian charity.
7. Exact donation amounts and dates are unknown.