DONALD J. TRUMP’S VISION
- Ask all Department heads to submit a list of every wasteful and unnecessary regulation which kills jobs, and which does not improve public safety, and eliminate them.
- Reform the entire regulatory code to ensure that we keep jobs and wealth in America.
- End the radical regulations that force jobs out of our communities and inner cities. We will stop punishing Americans for working and doing business in the United States.
- Issue a temporary moratorium on new agency regulations that are not compelled by Congress or public safety in order to give our American companies the certainty they need to reinvest in our community, get cash off of the sidelines, start hiring again, and expanding businesses. We will no longer regulate our companies and our jobs out of existence.
- Cancel immediately all illegal and overreaching executive orders.
- Eliminate our most intrusive regulations, like the Waters of The U.S. Rule. We will also scrap the EPA’s so-called Clean Power Plan which the government estimates will cost $7.2 billion a year.
- Decrease the size of our already bloated government after a thorough agency review.
Read Donald J. Trump’s Plan To Put an End to Burdensome Regulations, here.
- Every year, over-regulation costs our economy $2 trillion dollars a year and reduces household wealth by almost $15,000 dollars. [Donald J. Trump Press Release, Sept. 15, 2016]
- President Obama has issued close to four hundred new major regulations since taking office, each with a cost to the American economy of $100 million or more. [The Wall Street Journal, April 7, 2016]
- In 2015 alone, federal agencies issued over 3,300 final rules and regulations, up from 2,400 the prior year. [Donald J. Trump Press Release, Sept. 15, 2016]
- The U.S. economy today is twenty-five percent smaller than it would have been without the surge of regulations since 1980. [Mercatus Center, April 26, 2016]
- The federal register is now over 80,000 pages long. [Office of the Federal Register, Dec. 31, 2015]