DONALD J. TRUMP’S VISION
- Work with Congress to fully repeal the defense sequester and submit a new budget to rebuild our depleted military.
- Increase the size of the U.S. Army to 540,000 active duty soldiers, which the Army Chief of Staff says he needs to execute current missions.
- Rebuild the U.S. Navy toward a goal of 350 ships, as the bipartisan National Defense Panel has recommended.
- Provide the U.S. Air Force with the 1,200 fighter aircraft they need.
- Grow the U.S. Marine Corps to 36 battalions.
- Invest in a serious missile defense system to meet growing threats by modernizing our Navy’s cruisers and procuring additional, modern destroyers to counter the ballistic missile threat from Iran and North Korea.
- Emphasize cyber warfare and require a comprehensive review from the Joint Chiefs of Staff and all relevant federal agencies to identify our cyber vulnerabilities and to protect all vital infrastructure and to create a state-of-the-art cyber defense and offense.
- Pay for this necessary rebuilding of our national defense by conducting a full audit of the Pentagon, eliminating incorrect payments, reducing duplicative bureaucracy, collecting unpaid taxes, and ending unwanted and unauthorized federal programs.
Read Donald J. Trump’s Plan to Upgrade America’s Military, here.
Read Mr. Trump’s Remarks in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Our Army is the smallest it has been since before World War II. [ArmyTimes, May 7, 2016]
- Our Navy is among the smallest it has been since before World War I. [Naval History and Heritage Command]
- Our Air Force is the smallest it has been in history. [The National Interest, May 7, 2014]
- The average age of our Air Force aircraft is 27 years old. [Air Force Times, Jan. 19, 2016]